Hanna Neuschwander is a writer and editor. She writes a lot about coffee and a bit about food for publications including Travel + Leisure, Portland Monthly, Edible Seattle, Roast Magazine, and the Oregonian. She learned about coffee working the closing shift at Extracto Coffeehouse in Portland; she continues learning every chance she gets.
By day, she is also the managing editor of Democracy & Education, a scholarly journal about two things she thinks are pretty important. It is published by the Lewis & Clark Graduate School of Education and Counseling, where she is director of communications.
- With SF Weekly – West coast vs. east – coffee qualms – advice for the budding enthusiast
- With Serious Eats – Neighborhoods – the future – good-for-something husbands
- With Communal Table – Rituals – awakenings – Folgers – globalization – milk and sugar
- With TresPlace – Book design – home roasting – my TresPlaces
- With Paul Gerald – Coffee road trips – horse-and-buggy coffee – the influence of rain